Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"Have Mercy on Me"



Last week was probably one of the hardest ones I've had in a long time. Having three sets of puppies and five kids home for spring break was almost more than I could take. Not to mention the two acres of grass and weeds that we were expected to mow down after a month of irrigation and rain. I was out of control most of the week and into the weekend. When the kids went back to school yesterday you didn't see any of us crying around here. We had a million errands to run, Michael's, Wal Mart,the feed store, the bank, Sprouts the water store and on and on. As I went out to feed my flock I had the first hint of orange blossom scent. As I walked around the property, taking pictures of all the blossoms on our trees, it took me back to my childhood. I grew up in Scottsdale but most of my extended family lived in Mesa. My maternal grandma lived in downtown Mesa a few blocks from the Temple. I remember driving over to visit her with the windows down breathing in all the smells of spring. I remember playing in her yard and not wanting to go home because of the freshness of the air there. I've been reflective lately about my life. How does a nice girl like me get into such messes? Why do I let people offend me when they are just as flawed as the rest of us. I had a friend share a scripture with me the other day that I'm trying to use in my life. It's Alma 36:18 in the Book of Mormon, it reads, "Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart; O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death." Since Kamber passed away and I had my hip replacement, plus other trials, I feel sometimes like I need the The Savior to just have mercy on me as I walk my pathway through this mortality. Do you have any scriptures to help you through this experience?

No comments: