Saturday, March 16, 2013

"I Approve of Myself"

About a year ago when I was in one of my dark "in the toilet" kind of days, I heard a voice tell me that I need to "take my power back." I didn't quite understand what that meant, so when I was talking to my friend I asked him what that was suppose to teach me. He told me that when we let others destroy our self esteem and make us act and feel a way other than our divine self, we need to take back our power. I did it again this week. I fell in the trap. The trap that is in my own thoughts that makes me take a situation and send me to hell. This morning as I was reading my little book, yes, I'm still trying to "heal my life", she was talking about positive affirmations. This week has been so crazy with the kids home from school that it has taken me out of the game of saying, "I approve of myself." I'm suppose to say that a bazillion times a day and I forgot, dang it. I remember Spencer telling me a while back that he had come across a chaplain who is all about meditation and affirmations. He uses it all the time to just let his mind go and try and commune with a higher being. I have never really been in to this stuff but lately it seems like everything I come across talks about the power of changing our thoughts, which in turn changes our ability to cope with life. Boy would that be great, not falling into all those traps that are put in my path. So today I am studying on how to meditate and tell myself  how great my life is and try and get out of this trap I'm caught in. At the end of this chapter she says, "Love who and what you are and what you do."  That sounds great to me, I have a long ways to go on that one.

No comments: