Thursday, April 3, 2014

Jet Lag and Quilting

It seems like the weeks are going by faster and faster and soon we will be fighting the 110 degree temperatures, so I'm enjoying every cool breeze I've felt this week. Rich and I have both been suffering from Jet Lag. When he got home late Saturday night he looked really good. He even looked like he had lost some weight, I don't think he liked the Ethiopian food very well. Anyway, as the week progressed he started going to bed earlier and earlier until one night he was snoring at 8:45. Sometimes I think he thinks he's Superman and can do it all, but at almost 60, he's seeing that he can't keep up like when he was younger. I've been busy this week trying to make a quilt for my great-nephew that was born a few weeks ago. Julie is leaving to go to New York next week to help with the new baby so I want to send it with her. This morning I was out feeding the animals when Mind came running out in tears saying she couldn't find Trulie and my niece's daughter Kaitlyn. She let them out in front so they could play in the yard while she was busy in the garage. After about five minutes she found them at the end of the street with a nice lady wondering where they lived. I hate this two-year old age, they are mobile enough to get around but are not aware of the danger around every corner. Mindi is such a good Mom and to see her so upset was hard, but from now on they will be locked in the house or in the backyard where they can't get out, or get hurt. Today is Brookie's sixth birthday and Ethan and Jenn are flying out to visit Spencer and his family. I hope to someday get up enough courage to make the trip to Boston. He says there is a quilt shop on every corner and even offered to drive me across the country to get me back there. Right now we have a litter of puppies and baby chicks on top of all the other critters, so I best stay home. But I am going to the beach with Candi and her family in nine weeks, I'm already excited to see the ocean and feel the cold breezes in June.

No comments: