Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sick Daughter, Bad Knee and Dead Rabbit

On Sunday I enjoyed the usual talks about the special meaning of Easter. The messages shared were about faith and hope in the Savior and how through the atonement he will make everything right for us. Even though trials will come, we will be able to overcome them and stay faithful. I thought that after Kamber drowned I learned that I can do hard things and survive adversity as it comes into my life. After a weekend of Mindi being sick, Dave finally took her to the hospital where she has been since early Monday morning. I have only seen her this sick twice before, once with double mastitis and when she had spinal meningitis as a young girl. She has always had stomach problems like heartburn and digestive issues but now she has a full blown case of colitis caused by some bacteria they are treating with antibiotics and IVs. I have seen a glimpse of what life would be without her. She is the quarterback of our family. She is the one that carries most of the load around the house, taking care of five children, a husband, her mother and all the other miscellaneous critters we have. Hopefully she will start getting better so she can come home, we all miss her. This morning when I hobbled out to feed my animals I noticed one of my rabbits looking sick and twitching. I had Rich's secretary, Amber help me bring him in the house where I found he was being eaten alive by maggots. This is fly season around here and with three horses and five dogs living across the street and our petting zoo the fly problem is horrible. So thankfully our family vet just came by and picked him up and will put him to sleep and end his misery. I went to see the surgeon yesterday and hopefully my knee isn't as bad as I thought it was. After I get an MRI, (if I survive it) he will determine if there is something he can fix by scoping it instead of needing a knee replacement. I know they say we aren't given more than we can deal with but I think I'm getting to the end of what I can endure, or maybe I really can do some more hard things, we'll see.

1 comment:

Stephanie Abney said...

You do have great kids all around, but Mindy really has been the one to see to her mama. So sorry she got so sick. And hoping your knee will be an easy fix. I'll check with you guys later for updates. Take care. So glad you write on your blog, Teri.