Friday, April 25, 2014

My Whack-a-Mole Life

Mindi came home from the hospital yesterday afternoon after they finished running tests on her. We are so thankful for her recovery and hope she will continue to get stronger and stronger. Yesterday morning as I was murmuring to Rich about all the drama swirling  around us, he said, "You know Dewey, everyday is just a big Whack-a-Mole game anyway." What? Rich is comparing all that is going on to a stupid little kids game? The rest of the day all I could think about was that analogy, then I started laughing. I could see myself hitting those little animals down and then another one would pop up. It does really seem like that is what my life is. Later on in the day I went to lunch with some of my kids who were taking care of Trulie for the day. They were asking me questions about life and what I thought the reason we are even here on this earth, and WHY we have children. What is the purpose of it all anyway? All I could answer was that I think we are sent to earth to get a body and be tested. We are also told to "multiply and replenish the Earth and have joy in your posterity." Now I will be the first one to say that I don't always have joy in my posterity, but I think this is an eternal concept, not just what happens here on this earth. I can't imagine my life without any of my children or grandchildren and losing any of them would be devastating. Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt. But I do know that we don't live forever and trials and adversity will continue to come. When the vet brought my rabbit home to be buried after he ended his suffering, he said, "Here's the Easter Bunny." I said, "well, at least he made it past Easter."

No comments: