Friday, April 18, 2014

Because of Him

Today is Good Friday so the kids are out of school and Mindi is trying to keep them busy and even do a few chores. When you have this much land, animals and kids there is always something to do. Rich got home too late Wednesday from Scouts to go out for dinner and he's gone to the White Mountains with my brother and Dad. They went to help get the cabin ready for planting the garden, and maybe do a little fishing. Yuck! I'm still confused as to why at 85 years old and fighting cancer he would want to add some stress to his life but maybe that's what is keeping him alive. Our family doesn't usually get together for Easter. I don't know why, we just never have. Mom called me yesterday to ask what she needed to bring for dinner on Sunday. Huh, I'm on crutches and hosting Easter dinner at my house on Sunday? I did make an appointment with the Surgeon that operated on my poor knee almost thirty years ago. I'm hoping he will just tell me that resting, icing and anti-inflammatories will heal me, but the way it popped and the fact I can't put weight on it makes me worried it is much worse than that. There is someone in my family that is going through a really hard trial right now. I have been thinking about her all week and praying that she will be able to deal with it. Sometimes the actions of others make us go through some really crappy experiences and I pray she will be able to make the right decision for her and her children. I believe that because of the sacrifice of our Savior we will all be able to deal with those challenges that come our way. Because of Him things are possible that we never thought we could survive.

No comments: