Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fun Wedding Reception and Conference

I've spent all day catching up on laundry and ironing all of Rich's shirts. It was kind of nice when he was in Ethiopia because it gave me a break from my chores. But he's back with all his dirty clothes, and I'm just happy he's home safe and sound. Last night we went to a wedding reception of one of Rich's boys he had in the Teacher's Quorum. We had so much fun visiting and ran into some friends we haven't seen for twenty plus years. We stayed way to late and were up early because we had to get the yard done before irrigation. While I was resting, I looked on Facebook and saw that my sister-in-law and two nieces were in the Conference Center waiting for Conference to start. I knew Len and Julie were going up for their missionary reunion but I didn't think the kids were going. So I wasn't that surprised to hear Len's name read in as a new Area Seventy. Rich had to work today so I tried to call him to give him the news but he didn't answer, so I called my sister to see what she thought. Len has always been a good kid and I know he will do good at whatever they ask of him. After listening to him talk about how hard it was to be a Mission President, I have so much respect for them. I haven't talked to him yet and what do you say, "Hey, Congratulations on your new church calling?" I know how busy he is and this will add a lot more stress on him, but I know he will do all he can to serve the Lord. I love listening to Conference but sometimes it puts me into a stupor as I'm trying to digest all the talks. I know I have a long way to go with my relationship with the Savior, but I know he is aware of my struggles and loves me in spite of my shortcomings. Four more hours tomorrow and I will surely be spinning for a few days, but it is so worth it.

No comments: