Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Thiry-Eight Years Of Living The Dream

I woke up this morning to a beautiful Easter Lilly and a sweet card from Rich. Today is our 38th wedding anniversary. We got married on Good Friday in 1976 and this week is Easter, so it seems fitting. Thirty-eight years of living the dream. As I was reflecting this morning about the last 38 years all I could think of was how hard life was and is. When I was a young mother I thought life was pretty stressful with the demands of four little kids and trying to keep them safe and teach them right from wrong. Then when we hit the teenage years, I felt like I had been hit by a bus almost everyday with all the stress and worry. Then as they grew up, got married, Spencer left on his mission and I became an empty nester, I was depressed that it was over and they didn't need me any more. Rich has been so busy running his business and working in the church, and I've been a busy stay at home Mom, sometimes it seems like we are moving in separate directions. There have been a few times in the last 38 years where the sun, moon and stars have aligned and I have seen a glimmer of maybe what eternity will be like when this mortal life is over. Today Rich is working all day, then going to his Scout job, and hopefully we will be able to get along well enough to go out to dinner. Maybe the stars will align again tonight and I will see some hope for the future.

2 comments:

Stephanie Abney said...

Another heartfelt post - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Coplen's said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! 38 years! WOW! Hope Rich gets home in time to take you out to dinner! :) You look so beautiful and happy in your wedding photo. Mindi and Spencer look so much like you! :)