Monday, March 31, 2014

How Can Brookie Already Be Six?

Rich finally made it home from Ethiopia at 9 p.m. Saturday night. He had a wonderful trip and can't wait to go back. It has been nice to get a couple of good nights sleep and I can't believe how deep I slept and how vivid my dreams have been. I need to find a solution for my lack of sleep when he's gone because I'm sure this won't be the last time I'll be sleeping alone. Yesterday we went out to Ethan and Jenn's to celebrate Brookie's birthday. Her birthday isn't until Thursday the 3rd of April but Spencer has scheduled a flight for Ethan and Jenn to go to Boston for a visit, so they won't be here for her birthday. It's hard to believe that she will be six years old. She was only three months old when Kamber passed away, has it really been almost six years? Last time we all got together I forgot to take the card out of my computer so I made sure this time to take some pictures of the kids out playing. The cousins sure have fun when they get together. All the grand kids were there except the one in heaven and the other four in Boston. They are so special to me and each one of them are different but wonderful. I'm excited for Conference this weekend. I have some questions that need to be answered and I'm hoping to get some inspiration for myself. Yesterday in church they talked about the Atonement. One of the Bishopric talked about second chances in our lives. But sometimes we don't get a second chance to fix something that went terribly wrong, but I know the Atonement is suppose to cover all those disappointments and adversities. As I get older it seems like life becomes more complicated for me, hopefully I can get some answers to my questions listening to the talks this weekend.




No comments: