Wednesday, March 5, 2014

MY Baby Is Thirty

This morning when I woke up early, my mind  went back thirty years ago when my last baby was born March 4, 1984 at 5:04 a.m. It was a Sunday morning and the doctor urged me to get him here so he could get to a church meeting at 6:00 a.m. I was smarter with this fourth child when I told the nurses to keep him in the nursery and not give him any milk, just soy formula. I have to say being a Mom has taught me so many things. Taking care of kids when they are sick, hurt or unhappy is draining but so fulfilling. Spencer was so fun to raise. He came with a happy countenance and seemed to always obey and be respectful of his parents. Because he was three years younger than Ethan, I had three years where he was the only child home and we went shopping, out for lunch, and had lots of fun before he was old enough to join his siblings at school. We have had so much fun watching him play football from Pop Warner all the way to the NFL. He's easy to talk to and wise beyond his years. When I was a kid my little brother was seven years younger than me. He was really attached to my Mom and she protected him like a mother bear. I remember how my parents would kick me out of the rocking chair so Ben could sit in it and rock himself to sleep. Isn't that crazy that I'm still resentful of that all these years. Now as a mother I realize how that last baby is special, the baby, in every family there is that very last one to join your family. Anyway, I hope he has a nice day back in Boston. He is a good husband and father and has a deep testimony of Christ. I'm thankful to have been honored to be his mother.

No comments: