Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Insomnia and Dog Fights

This week I've been trying to reevaluate my life. Sometimes I think what I'm doing isn't working or making me happy. It hasn't helped having my husband thousands of miles away doing service, when we have one big service project going on here at the home front. I hope he's enjoying his time away because it could get difficult when he gets home. I haven't had a good nights sleep since he left, and it's wearing me down. I had to be up early to get some blood drawn for some tests my doctor ordered two weeks ago and it seems like everyday is jammed packed with stuff that needs to get done, fed, cleaned or taken care of. Yesterday when I went out to feed the animals everything was going well until Mindi's little rescue dog decided to get up in Ozzie's face and start a fight. A ten pound dog versus an eighty pounder. I had just fed the fish and started in the house when the fight broke out, of course Armani ran to me for cover and Ozzie trying to kill him knocked me over. It's just a good thing I have so much padding on the front, or I could have broken something. I was lying on the sidewalk in the water while the dogs were going at it. I was yelling at Mindi to come rescue something and she finally heard my cries for help. By then I was crying and trying to get up but with the mud I just slipped until we finally figured it out. I have fallen a few times now since my hip replacement and of course the first thing Mindi asked me was if I hurt my hip. No, just my dignity and a few scratches and scrapes on my elbows and knees. This is where I'm thinking maybe I'm too old to be running a petting zoo. Hopefully these feelings of loneliness and anger will pass, I have three or more nights alone to get through. Maybe the doctor has some help for me tomorrow, I could sure use some help right now.


This is a hideous picture but someday I will laugh about it.

No comments: