Monday, March 3, 2014

"Once In a Lifetime Experience"

I just spent the last hour doing damage control here on the farm. We had over an inch of rain fall on Saturday night and that seems to cause chaos with my animals and fish ponds. Even though the cords are covered, my breaker always trips which causes my fish to die if I don't get some circulation going. I was lucky Ethan was here for a minute this morning to crawl under the wall and reset the GFI. I hate asking for help because then I have to listen to the lecture on "at what time are you going to realize you can't do this?" I try and do as much as I can by myself so I don't have to listen to their suggestions. We had a wonderful weekend with the Cultural Celebration and Dedication of the new Gilbert Temple. The poor kids had to perform in a downpour of rain. We have had temperatures in the 80's and no rain for 70 plus days, but for the celebration we had rain, lots of it. I had three grandchildren and many nieces and nephews participating. They have been practicing for months and I know the leaders and others in the wards and stakes have sacrificed so much time and talents for this celebration. When I went down to Mindi's to tell Tristyn and Trace how proud I was of them, they were both in the shower. They were freezing cold and poor Trace's fingers looked like he had been in water for days. Their attitudes were good and even though they had to perform in the rain, I could tell they had an amazing experience. Watching those 12,000 kids dancing and singing as the winds and rain pounded on them made me wonder what other adversities they will have in their lives. The show went on and I know those who watched couldn't have been more proud of these wonderful youth in this area. This is one of those "once in a lifetime" events that you can't deny the spirit or your testimony. I'm so proud of them for doing hard things, it will make them stronger I know.

No comments: