Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Quilting, Pet Sitting and Puppies

I have to say that a few times last week I was wondering to myself  "what the heck have I gotten myself into?" Sometimes life just seems to be a constant disappointment and irritation. The fog finally lifted yesterday. Mindi and I were out running errands when I said, "I wish I could just be happy. Things could be so much worse, like a terminal illness or a sick grandchild." Mindi then piped in and said "or you could have a loved one on a plane that is missing somewhere out in the ocean." I started thinking about the challenges I have in my life. I spent most of last month sick. I picked up some kind of bug that came and went all month. I was even in bed one day last week feeling terrible. I have an appointment tomorrow with the doctor for a physical, EEK! I hate being checked from stem to stern and worry about what they might find wrong with me. Usually it's just the same old thing, "lose weight and keep taking your thyroid medication." This week is spring break for the kids from school. It's fun having them home and now they are getting older they help a little bit around the house. I have decided to get some of my quilts finished that I've had for a couple of years and do some sewing. We also have a momma dog expecting puppies any minute. Her stomach feels like it's going to pop and she's full of milk so we are getting excited about watching her puppies born. Candi and B.J. took the kids to California to the beach, AHH, I wish I was with them, they did bring over their RAT for me to take care of, really? Who has a pet rat anyway? So this will be a busy week with quilting and pet sitting. Life could be a whole lot worse, gratitude sometimes leaves me, but hopefully I can get through this week and the rat will be alive when they come pick her up.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

your quilts are the best--I'm sure it's good therapy too. I sure love you and appreciate what an example of strength you are