Thursday, March 13, 2014

Physical Done

Yesterday I had an appointment with my doctor to do a physical. I worried all night about it and had anxiety on my way there. After they took all my health history the doctor came in and checked me over. Everything went really well and she didn't find anything suspicious. I told her about my last month of being sick and I guess there have been lots of patients with the same virus I had. When I was sitting in the waiting room there were two or three patients coughing the whole time I was there. I told her about how sore and dry my mouth has been. It seemed to have gotten worse since my oral surgery. Our family has a history of Autoimmune Diseases and my sister has been diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome which makes her eyes, mouth and joints dry up. It is really an annoying thing to have. I had convinced myself that I had it too and after she looked in my mouth she said, "your tongue is really red and your lips are cracking." YEH! "I told you I have such a dry mouth it feels like I'm walking through the desert all day." Anyway, she thinks my symptoms are because of all the antibiotics I took to get rid of the infection in my tooth and then again when I was sick. Hallelujah! She gave me a prescription where I swish and swallow some Nystatin and I'm finally getting some relief. I haven't had a very great self image my whole life, but yesterday when I left the doctor I had a new appreciation for this old body. It's been through a lot, but at sixty I'm so thankful to still be upright and being as productive as I am.

1 comment:

Monya said...

Teri--I use a mouth swishing solution too--I have the worst dry mouth since chemo--actually the least of my worries, but glad they had something for it.
I have been thinking about your sweet family continually the last couple of days. as I have spent time with a great friend of ours. Their down syndrome child drown--I don't think I've seen anything so sad--I am so sad about Kamber, my mind keeps going back to her and your family. I sure love your family--and still continue to pray for you and your health issues--xoxo