Saturday, March 29, 2014

Auction Over, Rich's Homecoming

A few weeks ago a friend in my ward asked if I could make a quilt for the Young Women's Auction that was held last night at the church. I wanted to make something kind of vintage because it seems like the girls are liking old fashioned things now. I decided to make a smaller version of the nine patch quilt I'm making to put on my bed and I think it turned out really cute. All week as I've spent hours finishing the binding and getting it ready, I've worried that no one would want to spend money for it. Sometimes in our culture we can be quite "frugal or tight" with our money, me included. So I had a plan to take some extra money to buy my own quilt back. Mindi said, "okay Mom, you are going to spend hours making a quilt and then pay money to buy it back?" Yes, that was my plan, if it didn't get enough bids at the right price, I was prepared to buy it back and give it to Tristyn who wants a new quilt for her bed. Luckily someone spent the money and bought it, so I am happy it's in a good home. Lately Mindi has gotten in to quilting and is making a quilt for Trulie out of M&M's material. It is really cute for her first quilt and I'm so happy one of my daughters will pass on that talent. So the auction is over and I'm cleaning like a mad person because Rich will be home tonight if he doesn't have any delays in his trip. He told the boys yesterday that in the next 29 hours he would either be in a plane or at an airport. That just sounds so dreadful to me, I hate flying and airports, so I hope he will be happy to get home. If not he may just want to move to Ethiopia and continue to volunteer and do more service. I haven't slept very much this last week so it will be good to get him home safe and sound.


No comments: