Friday, February 28, 2014

Shopping and Praying

I am proud to say that I made it through another week. After being sick for most of February, I'm looking forward to a healthy March, my fingers are crossed. I spent a few hours yesterday with my sister shopping the sales at the Mall. Sometimes I feel like I spend money I don't have, on things I don't really need, but it was still fun. I'm so thankful to have a sister. When we were young I thought she was weird because she was really smart and played the piano and organ. She still listens to the oldies but goodies music and we are different in so many ways. As we were shopping I told her how nice it was to have a sister to do things with. She is always willing to help whenever she is needed. I think that comes with being the oldest child in the family. As we were leaving the store I told her I would rather have a colonoscopy than shop with the two year old I'm usually with. We laughed, but this morning I found myself walking the halls of Walmart with that same two year old. On the way home as she was screaming that she needed her chocolate milk, I wanted to jump out of the car. My patience runs really thin now that I'm sixty. Anyway, this weekend is a big one for us in Gilbert. My grandchildren are in the Cultural Celebration and Dave is over building the set for the performance tomorrow night. Rich spent two hours last night setting up chairs in the Temple for the Dedication. We are praying this storm goes up north because right now they are predicting over an inch of rain tonight with thunderstorms tomorrow and temperatures in the 60's. It hasn't rained here for over seventy days and now we have a major winter storm coming through, just in time for all the hoopla. It's going to be an interesting weekend and I'm thankful to be able to watch this Temple be Dedicated, President Monson and Eyring will be here. It's going to be a special experience for all of us here in the desert, even with the storms we can't complain because we are in a severe drought right now, so I'm anxious to see how this all unfolds, it's exciting times here.

No comments: