Friday, February 7, 2014

In Bed All Day With The Flu

Last week when I was having oral surgery the Doctor was worried when my blood pressure was 195/110. I never have had high blood pressure before, except one time at the end of a pregnancy. So yesterday when my heart started pounding really hard and fast I thought maybe I was having a stroke. I went in to the bedroom and took my blood pressure which was 124/54. Before long I was freezing, so I put a coat on, bundlled up in a quilt and put the heating pad on my feet. After feeling totally normal earlier, I was in bed with the flu. What a helpless feeling to be lying in bed shivering with a pounding headache and burning up with a fever. Mindi put some essentials oils on my feet, then some socks, made me some chicken noodle soup and there I was, in bed all day. I don't know what I would have done without her to feed the animals and help me. When Rich came home I was feeling a little bit better, had him and Dave give me a blessing and then took a hot bath. When I woke up this morning I have never been so happy to get out of bed. My back was aching from being in bed all day, I swear if I ever get bedridden it will be the end, because I will go crazy. Anyway, I'm thankful for my body that can fight off infections or whatever comes my way. I was praying all day yesterday to get better so I can go to the Temple with Mindi, her family and some friends. We were suppose to go on Monday but my sister-in-law Julie was really sick. I guess there is a nasty bug going around because it seems like everyone's sick. So another week has gone by with all the challenges this mortal life gives us. I guess we need to know sickness to appreciate it when we feel good.

No comments: