Monday, February 10, 2014

Temple Tour and Kamber's Birthday

We had a wonderful weekend. It started out with a visit to the new Gilbert Temple. Then last night we all went out to Ethan and Jenn's new home and had a cook-out celebrating Kamber's birthday today. It was the first time all my kids and grand kids have been together for a long time. I had my handy dandy camera and took some really fun pictures. There were pictures of the kids and the adults and even the birthday cakes. This morning when I woke up I was so excited to put them on the computer and blog about them. When I opened up the camera it was empty. I never put the card back in the camera, so no pictures. After a good cry, I realized that it isn't the end of the world. No one died did they? Yesterday in Relief Society the lesson was on the Plan of Salvation. The teacher asked if anyone had ever had someone pass away and were so sad, but then realized that we would see them again? There was no way I was going to share my experience of the last five years. Yes, I do know that I will see Kamber again, and my other loved ones on the other side, but that doesn't make it any easier. I went to the cemetery with Jenn and the kids to visit Kamber's grave and put some decorations on. It's a peaceful place, it's not as sad as it used to be. I'm thankful for all that I've learned from her death. As I went through the Temple my testimony was made stronger of the blessings of being sealed together as families, and I can't wait to see her again.



No comments: