Saturday, February 1, 2014

It's a Wonderful Life

Another week has come and gone. I had oral surgery on Monday, celebrated Dad's birthday on Wednesday, and now after I get my chores done, I'm heading out to watch Tristyn play in a volleyball tournament. Sometimes when I'm alone and in one of those moods I reflect on my life. As a stupid teenager I had expectations of what life would be for me as an adult. I remember thinking that when I got married it would be so fun to always have a date and someone to tickle my feet. Then when I was pregnant with Mindi I felt like it would be so great to have a little friend around and it would satisfy my craving to nurture. As I have crossed over to being a Senior Citizen I thought life would slow down and I would have time and money to relax, travel and quilt. Wow, life hasn't really been anything like I dreamed of as a kid. Life is full of experiences that sometimes test my ability to cope and look to the future with hope and faith. After watching my parents age, they have continued to do all they can to serve and work. Why would my life be any different? I just opened the mail and there was a letter addressed to me explaining why "Cremation just makes sense because:" and then it gave a bunch of reasons. Now how did I get on the mailing list for these guys? Hopefully I won't need to make any decisions on my final arrangements soon, but you never know. Anyway, after church tomorrow is the Super Bowl and then on Tuesday the Boston Larsen's will be on a flight to see their Gilbert families. I'm excited and hoping I can talk them in to staying for a long time, but somehow I just know they will be happy to go back to Boston. Ugh Life is short and hard and exciting and wonderful and hopefully I'm learning what I need to in this time on earth.

No comments: