Friday, February 21, 2014

First Day Out of My Sick Bed

Yesterday was the first day this week I was able to get out of my sick bed and do something fun. Mindi's 37th birthday was on the 19th so we decided to go to Sassy's Bakery for lunch. Candi and B.J., Annie and Spencer and Mindi and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch there. The "red hat" ladies were there so we fit right in. The girls come to your table and sing "Happy Birthday" and they sound like professional singers, it was worth it just going to hear them sing. After lunch Spencer treated us girls to a spa pedicure and manicure. It was fun to sit and relax and laugh a little bit while someone worked on my poor feet that suffer the affects of walking bare footed in the pasture feeding animals. This was the first time I had a little Asian guy scrub my feet and polish my toes, but I'm an old lady so he should understand. It has been so much fun having Spencer and his little family here to visit. I'm already sad with the idea that they will be heading back to Boston on Tuesday. Even their little kids are praying they can stay, so is Grandma. Hopefully next week I can get back to normal and feel well enough to get everything done that I need and want to do.  Life's to short to spend it in bed sick.


No comments: