Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tired of Being Sick

I know sometimes I get in the dumps and murmur about my life being Groundhog Day everyday. I spent the three day Holiday weekend in bed. I tried a few times to get up and be productive but ended up back in bed. I don't know what I've picked up but it has definitely kicked my butt. Yesterday my sister-in-law brought my kitchen chandelier back that they used inside the hospitality tent at the Temple Open House. She took one look at me and knew I was sick. I guess they have been running a hospital wing at their house all week with sick people too. After listening to my coughing and wheezing she told me I needed an inhaler. The problem with some of those drugs is that they make me have anxiety and panic attacks, so I hate to use them. Mindi has a breathing machine that she uses for the kids and had some medicine, so I started using it. I'm so much better today, better than dying, but I still don't feel right. I am thankful I was able to take a shower, even put a bra on, get dressed and started digging out. Last night as I went to bed I told Rich that everywhere I look there is something that needs to be done. My poor Dad who is battling prostate cancer is also fighting this bug. I hope he will get well soon. I have been sick the whole time Spencer and his family have been here. Hopefully we will have a few days where I can go do something fun with them before they go back to Boston. We also have three birthdays this week. I'm going to really try hard to not complain about my boring, uneventful life. I just want to feel good. I want to get in my sewing room and finish some of my quilts. I have my fingers crossed that the worst is behind me and pray for the Groundhog Days to begin again.

No comments: