Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl Blowout at the Vet's Office

A friend of ours has tried to help us with a little business that we could do and make a little money. It is hard work and expensive, and now we are wondering if this is the right hobby for us. We have these beautiful English Golden Retriever dogs that we have been trying to breed. The last litter we had was a disaster, as she had to have a C-Section delivery and the puppies needed extra care. Anyway, our female we were trying to breed again started acting sick last week and yesterday we had to take her to the vet for an emergency surgery. He found big bags of infection in her uterus,no puppies and to save her life he took everything out. I spent most of the Super Bowl game listening to it in the waiting room of the vet's office. I was sad to see that the Broncos, who I used to like, didn't even get off the bus yesterday. I don't think I can remember a bigger blowout than that game. When I was talking to my Mom after the operation she just said, "so this is the problem you are having today." Does that mean I have problems everyday? When we got home with our very groggy dog, everyone was watching the ending of the game. I spent all last week finishing Dallas's quilt and I was glad to see they had come over. He was so excited to wrap up in it and hopefully he will use it and love it. Tonight we are going to the Temple for a tour with Lennie and Julie. The rest of the family is going later in the week. This is an exciting time here in Gilbert with the Temple dedication and the kids dancing and singing in the Cultural Celebration. I have so many blessings I'm ashamed to be sad about a dog having surgery, but I am just a human and sometimes there are dissapointments and trials. The sun came up again this morning, just like always and tomorrow Spencer and his family will be on route home. So I need to put on my happy face and look to the future, it has to get better.

No comments: