Saturday, August 4, 2012

Ups and Downs This Week

This week has been busy with ups and downs, happiness and sadness for me. After the party on Tues. I was up most of the night in pain. It was our usual day to see the chiropractor so off we went. He decided to try something new to help me. He had his little helper strap me on a machine that would pull my spine and hopefully relieve some of the pressure in my poor arthritic lower back and hip. At first I was cinched so tight I said, "oh he*% no, I'm not doing this." Anyway, the doctor heard all the commotion and came over and put it on so I could handle it. I had to lay there for seven minutes while this machine pulled with 60 pounds of pressure on my legs. I don't know what came over me but as I was on the table I began to cry. I was thinking of my poor Dad laying on a table getting zapped by radiation. It was also Aug. 1st the day we buried our sweet Kamber girl, I'm sure that was bouncing around in my brain too. I had also gotten a call from Spencer and could tell he was missing his family and struggling in training camp. I have noticed lately that I'm having some of the same thoughts and feelings I did four years ago as I watched Ethan and Jenn suffer through their loss. Now those same feelings of not being able to take away the pain is coming as I worry about my Dad and what he will go through next. Life continues to move on and teach me lessons I must need. All the things I have never wanted to experience seem to have come to pass, I need to figure out how to control my fears so I won't keep creating them. Adversity is just a part of this mortal life we all are going through, I hope I'm up to the task at hand.

No comments: