Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympics and Birthdays


Between staying up too late watching the Olympics and birthday parties, I'm pooped. I've always loved the Olympics and am in awe of all the athletic talent in the world and especially proud of our American athletes. Today Annie had a little birthday party for Gunnar and Abney before she leaves to go back to Boston. Poor Spencer is alone, killing himself in training camp trying to make the Patriot's team. That's one thing so hard about the NFL, you have to try-out every year and just hope you make the team, of course unless you are Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. All of our grand kids are so special to us. We love them all and each one of them have a certain personality and spirit. Gunnar is special because he was born on the day we buried sweet Kamber four years ago. When I talk to him, he makes me smile. He is a little pistol and is the second child, so that says it all. I wish we had time to get some pictures taken of the kids, but Annie's baby is due in eleven weeks, so it would already be outdated. My Dad made it through his last radiation treatment today, he has seemed a little bit "out of sorts" at times, but today he looked really good and was smiling. We will see now what the chemo oncologist says as to what treatment we will do next. At times I can feel myself going back into the dark with the same emotions I had four years ago when we lost Kamber. I have NO control over what happens, and I can't make it better. So we continue to build on our faith that families can be together forever and we will see each other again in the eternities and have hope in the future, that's all we have.

No comments: