Saturday, July 14, 2012

Love the Monsoons





The summers in Arizona are almost unbearable, even for those of us who have lived in the desert since birth. The one thing we look forward to are the monsoons, we usually get more rain in the summer than our winter storms. The problem is after a good rain we get the humidity, but at least it cools down for a few hours. It seems like it's been a long time since we got a storm like the one we are having right now. The thunder was roaring for about a half an hour straight and then the rain came, it's pretty bad when it rains out my fish and water turtles. I decided that while it rained I would finish Trulie's birthday quilt. I took it all the way to Utah with me so I could get it finished, but it's finished now. When it quits raining we will have to go out and do some damage control, I was going to get in the pool this afternoon, but maybe not now.

No comments: