Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Acts Of Kindness for Kamber

I have been so troubled about the recent events with the shootings in Colorado and the abduction of two cousins in Iowa that I have wondered what I could do to change my mood. I've also been wondering how I would feel today with it being four years since the passing of our dear Kamber. For the last couple of weeks I've thought about how our lives have changed since that terribly sad day. Has my testimony grown? Have I become better, instead of bitter? As I woke up this morning I started thinking about all the blessings we have been given in those four years. Six more grandchildren have been born, with another one on the way in October. Even with the bad economy we have been able to scrape by and save our home and business. My parents have hung in there even with Dad's cancer as they have worked in the Temple and served where needed. Lennie and Julie are serving a mission in Washington with only 10 more months left. While lying in bed this morning I had an overwhelming feeling that Kamber is so happy. She has gone home and I know is surrounded by family and friends she knew before she came to earth. I decided that the only thing I could do to honor her was to try and do kind acts of service today and be happy. I started by swimming in the pool with my friend, talking about our lives and losses. Then I got ready, picked some grapefruit for my Dad, bought him some donuts and went to the place where he's having radiation. After we left there I came home and made some caramel corn to take visiting teaching and then off  running some more errands. As we were going to the chiropractor I reminded Mindi's kids that this is the day Kamber left us and we were going to try and be kind all day long. I know it's going to be a stretch for us and we shouldn't have to make a day to try and be kind, but it is what it is. So, today we are going to try and do random acts of service all day long and be happy that we have an angel in heaven that loves us and she knows we love her and will see her again. She is inspiration for all that is good in the world, the innocence of little children and their purity.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Teri-I too believe your sweet little Kamber is an angel who help all of the Larson;s get their wings and fly away with her to eternity together as a family--it's amazing what we can truly learn when we give our full hearts and souls to the Lord--I want you to know you and Rich are so special to me, I know you both care and love me--thank you for that feeling of unconditional love no matter what my faults are--you are good, good people and saints--I have sat back and watched you grow through these trials and I know the Lord is happy where you are in your life right now--keep on keepin' on I love you both.