Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Thanks Be to God"



The week is already half way over and I don't think I'm getting much done. I went to lunch with a friend on Monday and then shopping for birthdays, went to the beauty supplies with Candi yesterday and then to the oncologist for moral support with my parents. Then today we watched Ethan and Jenn's kids so Jenn could go to the doctor, then went to spend time with my Mom while Dad was getting his first radiation treatment. My mind seems to be spinning in many directions, especially in the night when I wake up around 4:00 a.m. and can't get back to sleep. We have known about Dad's cancer for ten years now, but he seemed to be healthy and no visible signs of the cancer spreading, then now we are faced with some treatments that hopefully will prolong his life, at least for a little while. I was reading yesterday a talk given by Elder Russell M. Nelson called, "Thanks Be to God." There was a part that spoke to me in spirit, it said, "If the body's capacity for normal function, defense, repair, regulation, and regeneration were to prevail without limit, life here would continue in perpetuity. Yes, we would be stranded here on earth! Mercifully for us, our Creator provided for aging and other processes that would ultimately result in our physical death. Death, like birth, is part of life.Scripture teaches that "it was not expedient that man should be reclaimed from this temporal death, for that would destroy the great plan of happiness." To return to God through the gateway we call death is a joy for those who love Him and are prepared to meet Him." We are praying for Dad and for all our family, that we will be ready to meet Him when that time comes, and I have faith that whatever happens will be His will.

No comments: