Monday, July 23, 2012

Flicker Of Hope




Saturday night I was alone here when a storm moved through. The dust was so thick I could hardly see anything outside, it looked like night even though it was only 4:30 in the afternoon. After the dust cleared the rain started to fall, I love the summer storms in Arizona, but this morning my pool is full of dirt. We've been out trying to clean up because it is Max's second birthday and we are having a little get together tonight. I've been busy trying to finish up some quilts for my grand kids, they are all getting so big they require quilts that at least cover their feet. Max loves the movie "Cars" so that is what he's getting for his birthday, everything related to cars. This week is going to be busy with birthday parties, Spencer starts training camp, Ethan's girls start school and Annie and her kids are coming from Boston for a visit. I can't wait to see them. I'm also trying really hard to be strong as I worry about my Dad and his cancer treatments and get through the fourth anniversary of Kamber's passing. Sometimes I wish I had more faith that things will work out, I have a flicker of hope, but not that bright beaming candle I should have. Life continues to move on and the sun keeps coming up every morning, that's a good thing.

No comments: