Friday, August 17, 2012

Saved From the Boy Scouts


What Boy Scouts??


These last couple of weeks have been hard. We broke all kinds of records for high temps which always puts me in the toilet and trying to find a way our of here. I also had a call that a neighbor we had in Lehi passed away and Candi's two nephews were in a bad car accident the first day of school. It seems like there are trials and sadness everywhere. Mindi and I have been trying hard to get rid of our animals. I sold three cockatiels, eight chickens and three of my other animals perished in the heat. That's a good start. I'm hoping that by next summer I won't be here sweltering day after day. On Wed. I got a call from a young man inquiring about my chickens I'm trying to sell. He had a really nice young voice and I could tell he was a good person. He asked me about how old the chickens are and I never know what someone is looking for until I ask. When he answered, "to be honest," I knew I was in trouble. "I am looking for chickens that we can kill and butcher tonight at Boy Scouts." Yeek! That's just as bad as the call I got one time that wanted six rabbits to feed to his pet snake. I wouldn't have made a good pioneer or a farm girl because I know that animals were put on the earth to eat, but not my personal friends. I'm sad when the heat gets them and totally grief stricken when the dogs kill them, but handing them over for the boy scouts to kill is not okay. Hopefully I can find good homes for them with people who won't put them in the freezer.

No comments: