Friday, August 24, 2012

Visiting the Mansion














It's been raining all week so we are floating over here, it's raining now, so I haven't been able to feed my critters yet. Yesterday Mindi and I went to Paradise Valley to look at a job Rich is doing in a house, a mansion, that you can only dream about. I grew up in Scottsdale in a very humble house on Holly St. that my school teacher parents made sure was clean and well taken care of. As we pulled onto the little gravel road we could see this house on top of the mountain and wondered if the puddle jumper mini van could make it up the hill. The house is majestic, 23,000 square feet of marble, stone and rock. It has four kitchens, three laundry rooms, five bedroom suites and too many bathrooms to count. We climbed up the staircase to the second floor and then took an elevator back down. It is still under renovation, so we just got a glimpse of what it will actually look like when finished. As we walked through this house, taking pictures of everything I found wonderful, I was so overwhelmed with it's beauty. BUT, who could ever take care of a house like this or afford it? The views from the windows in some of the rooms were breathtaking. The pool was sparkling with blue iridescent tile. It had a swim up bar for entertaining and the pool was built on top of the mountain. WOW! That's all I can say about this experience. As we were leaving I was wondering how many families could be taken care of for just the money being spent remodeling this one. On the other hand, I am so thankful that some people have the money to hire companies like ours to do the work. We are blessed. As I walked in my house, with dishes in the sink and laundry to do, I was just thankful that I have a house, but I did ask Rich what he could do to make my house just a little bit like the mansion. All I got was a weird look and the rolling of the eyes, "our house is just fine." I can always dream!

No comments: