Monday, August 6, 2012

Can I Cheer Up Yet?




I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Yesterday was a busy day with 8:00 a.m. church and then we had a birthday party for Major, Tristyn and Jenn. The phone rang at 10:45 last night with Ethan telling me the dogs had gotten out of his gate and after looking for them for an hour he was "done". He didn't want them back and didn't care what happened to them. When I went outside to feed my animals I found one of my male rabbits had dug a hole and gotten into the other cage and beat the crap out of my white English Lop. Trace went in for the rescue and I brought him in the house to clean him up and doctor his wounds. Why is my life just so full of challenges? Are they self inflicted? One of the lessons yesterday was on being more commited and giving more service. That brings on the guilt and shame for me, but I will try and do better. Yesterday as we had most of our kids, grand kids, plus my parents here, I wondered how important each one of them is to us. What would our lives be without the last two babies, Trulie and Reagan? Each person in our family are so important but we are still missing the puzzle piece that was taken away four years ago. Will we ever get over the pain? Anyway, when Ethan got up this morning the two labs were on his porch hungry, I guess his wish didn't come true and they came back. I can cheer up now! Happy Birthday to Jenn today!!

No comments: