Thursday, April 12, 2012

We All Need to Be Comforted At Some Time

I just got in from feeding my animals. What a pretty day, a nice cool breeze and the temp was 60 degrees. We have been given a tender mercy to have a cool down before the heat of summer fries my brain. Spencer and his little family are on a plane to Boston as we speak. All their earthly possessions were packed up on Tues. and they were living in their cars until going to a hotel last night, followed by a trip to the airport at 4:30 a.m. Their flight was at 6:00 a.m., sounds terrible to me and when I talked to him yesterday he sounded like he was super stressed out. I hope it works out for him with the Patriots, it's going to be hard seeing him in a different uniform, but the NFL is all business and this is the part that hurts, changing teams. I have a little ritual I do every night before going to bed. I soak in the tub, watch the news, and then read the paper. I know the experts say not to do the reading and t.v. before bed, but that's what I do to relax. Anyway, in yesterdays paper there was something that caught my eye. "Woman is 1st suicide at Hoover Dam bypass bridge." As I read it I became so sad that during the night, I kept thinking of this and wondering, "what was so bad in her life that she would go to that extreme to end her life?" She was 60 years old, just about my age. Her body was found downstream Sunday morning by kayakers on the Colorado River, almost 900 feet below the span of the bridge. I have gone through some really tough stuff in my life, just like everyone else, we have trials that sometimes test our abitlity to think rationally and test our decision making ability. There have been times where I have thought the world would be a better place if I wasn't in it, but then I think of my family and my knowledge that God loves me and is aware of my struggles. I have felt his comfort and help in times of need and I'm so thankful for that. The scripture in the Bible, Psalm 23:4 that says, "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." We all need to be comforted at times in our lives, I hope someday I can be the comforter for someone that needs help.

No comments: