Saturday, April 7, 2012

Three Birthdays and Easter

The house is so quiet today, Mindi took Trulie to Tristyn's volleyball tournament in Avondale, I was going to go but I have too much to do for that trip an hour away. Rich left to check on some jobs and Dave has the boys at their football games. I ended up making three dozen green corn tamales and working on the quilt for the Young Women's auction. Yesterday some of Rich's family came over to swim, it was fun to visit with them. These Utah people who think that 72 degree water is warm enough to swim in, it makes me cold just thinking about it. This week we have three birthdays, Brookie's was on the 3rd, Tyton's is today and Ethan tomorrow on Easter. Tomorrow we are having our family plus my parents, brother and his three kids over for ham and potatoes and other yummy food including birthday cake. Now that Rich and I are old, Easter isn't the same. We don't dye eggs or put together baskets for our kids, they are doing that for the grandchildren. Easter has taken on a new meaning since Kamber passed away. The hope of the resurrection and the reuniting with our family on the other side of the veil is the true meaning of Easter for me. In a little book I've been reading it talks about how "we have faith that Christ can fix what is badly broken. From this absolute trust comes an energy we call hope. It allows us to see past the obvious hardness or weakness or insanity in ourselves and in others. The eye anointed with faith and hope--knowing there comes a time of relief and happiness--gives the heart permission to be of good cheer." So with that I can have joy in this journey of mine.

No comments: