Thursday, April 5, 2012

Today Is a Big Fat River Rock!










I knew it was going to be a bad day when trying to clean out the filters in my pond my arms slipped off the board and I went head first almost getting my face and head wet in the fish water. Then after being up a couple of pounds at the doctor, I guess the tamales and chocolate Easter eggs have caught up to me, more bad news. After running a couple of errands we got home to see the irrigation had flooded the porches, sandbox and the ponds with the turtles and fish. Oh how I love living here. Rich's sister Marybeth, her daughter Kristi and her four children have been here visiting for a couple of days from Utah. They didn't get here until Tues. afternoon and were on their way back to Zion this morning. We hardly had time to visit because life is busy around here. They all got in the pool on Tues. the water is only 72 degrees, I couldn't believe it. We went shopping at the mall yesterday and to the Easter Pageant last night. We always try and go to the dress rehearsal to avoid all the masses, but this year we decided to "gird up our loins, fresh courage take" and go on the Wed. before Easter. Rich dropped us off right next to the Temple and then went to park, he even got a close place, no mile walk for him and his sister. As we were waiting for it to start some of the cast members came walking by and we took some pictures with them. We also saw lots of people we knew. It was fun and peaceful sitting on the Temple grounds. I love the angels dressed in white blowing the trumpets on top of the stage, but my favorite part is when Christ is with the little children playing and healing them, I thought of Kamber and wondered if she was with him. It was a tender mercy for me. Today my sweet son Ethan came by on his way home, he's working on a job in our neighborhood. Sunday is his birthday on Easter, he is special to me. He knows how discouraged I've been about some things in my life, he has such a kind heart and would do anything he could to help. I appreciate that. Tomorrow has to be a better day, the sun will come up and I have lots to do getting ready for Easter and our birthday party on Sunday. Some days are diamonds and some days are stones, today is a big fat river rock!

No comments: