Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's Not Just My Adrenals That Are Tired

Today has been a weird day for me. I usually spend Saturdays at home in my grubby clothes cleaning, ironing and an occasional grocery store run. My sister had asked me last week if I wanted to go with her to a class at the doctors office about thyroid and hormonal disorders. So I got up early put makeup and nice clothes on and off we went at 9:30 a.m. After an hour and a half of a power point presentation on adrenal fatigue, I had more than just my adrenals that were tired. We seemed a little bit confused so we decided to go shopping. My sister has lost almost 30 pounds and I'm still stuck at twenty something so we decided to see if we could find some clothes that don't hang on us. We started at Macy's where nothing really grabbed us, so off we went to another "plus size" store. There were lots of 2X-5X but nothing that was small enough for us. We decided that maybe we should just get our sewing machines out and start altering all of our fat clothes, but it is way more fun to buy new ones. The weather has been unusally cool for this time of year, in the 60's today. This will probably be the last time for that until next December, so I'm trying to soak in all the cool air I can. We haven't heard from Spencer since he left for Boston, the three hour time difference is going to be a problem for our communications but maybe he's just happy to be away from us. Hopefully it will be a good experience for them living on the East Coast, but I can still be sad about it.

No comments: