Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Trials Like Your Panties Falling Off In Church"

Jenn and Reagan
Candi, Major, Brookie and Reagan
Tristyn, Trulie and Miranda
Rich eating jelly beans
Ethan and Me
Brookie and Ethan

We had a nice Easter/Birthday celebration on Sunday. All the kids, grand kids, parents, my brother and his three children came. It is so much fun having everyone over but takes a toll on me. I spend all day cleaning and making food and then I spent all day yesterday doing dishes and sweeping up Easter grass off my floor. Sunday I ate so much chocolate and sugar I felt sick when I went to bed. When I got up on Monday I swore to myself not to do that again. Some people like drugs and alcohol but I would be happy with an IV of chocolate. Sounds like an addict to me. On Sunday my Dad gave a talk in church. It seems like they ask him a lot to talk on Easter Sunday. Anyway, during his talk his pants fell down to his ankles. My Brother Ben was there with his daughter Miranda and said that he just kept on talking while the Bishop's councilor and someone else pulled his pants up. I guess he didn't miss a beat and then in his talk said something like, "we are going to have trials in our lives, like your panties falling off in church." How embarrassing, but something to remember forever. Sometimes I think I take life way to serious. We are going through a hard time right now with the economy and having a small business. Rich works harder than any guy I know but doesn't ever seem to get a break. Worrying doesn't help so I'm just going to have the "I don't give a *&^% attitude, maybe things will get better. Anyway, I have too many blessings to count and just keep praying that "things will work out the way they are suppose to."

No comments: