Monday, August 29, 2011

Will It Ever Cool Off?



This August has been the hottest I can ever remember. We have had a heat advisory for the last week or so and the highs have been over 110 degrees and the lows barely under 90. Is this where hell is going to be? I think so. I get so cranky when it's hot like this, I even irritate myself. Rich says "I worry too much about the temperature, anything over 105 just doesn't matter." He grew up in Utah and went to Canada on his mission so he HATES the cold. He whines like a little girl when it gets cold, but he says he likes the heat. How can anyone normal truly like this depressing heat? Last Sat. we celebrated Dallas' fourth birthday. We went to Chuckee Cheese so the grand kids could play all the games. It was fun to sit and visit but that place would give anyone anxiety with all the people, the noise and blinking lights. I'm still paying for my EXTREME shopping trip last week. It was so fun to be out and about but when it's this hot I just stay inside in my nightgown anyway. This week Spencer will be here with his team to play the Cardinals. We have gone back and forth whether we should spend the time and money to drive clear out to Glendale to watch the game he probably won't play much. Three years ago he was a rookie and got to play a lot, but being a fourth year player and a starter he might not play. Last year he was injured when they played here, but it's still fun to see him on the field. I may try and get on the plane with him going back to Denver, maybe it's cooler up there, ha ha.

No comments: