Monday, August 22, 2011

"Why Don't You Go Get A Pedicure?"




Last night I went to bed really irritated. It doesn't take much to tick me off lately but as I fell asleep I was not happy. Last week I asked a family member to cut my toenails and maybe slop some polish on them, they were really looking bad. The response I got was, "why don't you just go get a pedicure?" Huh! So yesterday I asked a different family member to trim up just the toes on my left foot, the ones I can't reach because my hip doesn't bend, okay and maybe my jelly rolls get in the way. Anyway, the response I got was, "why don't you try and get in shape so you can cut your own toenails?" That was it, I won't ask again. So this morning as I got into Mindi's house I saw little Trulie sitting in her vibrating chair with music playing sound asleep and I thought, "what I would give to be so peaceful, content and pure as that little baby." Life is so easy for her, I want someone to love me and care for me like we do this precious child. Then reality set in and I thought of all the people who I love and I think love me. I know my parents love me as they have been my advocates all my life, always letting me know they are on my side and will help whenever needed. I think my husband and kids have a glimmer of love for me, sometimes it's a little bumpy but we have survived all these years. I have brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, cousins galore, that I love dearly. I hope they love me too. After I had my little love fest in my mind the phone rang. It was Candi asking if I needed anything at the beauty supply or bread store. I asked again, "is there any way you can polish my toes, they look so bad?" She said she was in a hurry to get home but had time to come in fast and do that for me. What a kind daughter, she didn't even give me any crap about walking around barefoot in the slew or anything, she just did a kind act of service. I knew helping her get through cosmetology school would pay off some day. Thanks for the kindness, by the way, I need my hair done this week too can you fit me in?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you crack me up--I will come over and do your toes, what day?