Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quilting Inside, Depressing Heat






When Rich called me yesterday on his way home from work he asked me if it was hot enough for me outside. I haven't really been anywhere since Monday so when he told me it was 113 degrees I felt sick for all the animals and people who are out in the heat all day. I invited a friend and her husband over to swim and when we got in the pool it felt like a sauna. The water had to have been at least 100 degrees, we didn't stay in long. When I complain to my Mom about the heat she tells me her sob story about how they didn't have air conditioning in the olden days. They slept outside with the scorpions and mosquitoes in the roasting heat. I can't believe it, but I know she wouldn't lie to me. Ethan brought the two dogs back that he's been feeding. They are so hot at his house that they are digging big holes in his lawn to try and get cool, so tonight I will have six dogs to feed, sounds fun. They just sit at my door and want in, we even have a cooler for them. Since I try and stay inside when the temps are over 110 I've been working on two quilts. I made a darling cupcake one for Mindi's baby and when she washed it the yarn I used to hold it together raveled, it looked horrible. So I have decided to try and start hand quilting them. It has been relaxing to sit and sew while I watch t.v. in the evening. I may need to learn how to use my machine to quilt because it is taking me forever to get one done. Life continues to come at me in record speed. We have three birthdays and a wedding reception this weekend. The kids start back to school next week. How can the summer be coming to an end already? It seems like we just celebrated Memorial Day and pretty soon it will be Labor Day. At least maybe the weather will cool down by then.

No comments: