Friday, August 26, 2011

"Ultimate Shopping When Its 113?"

Today Mindi and I went out and did some "ulitmate shopping." It's been a long time since we spent five hours at the mall, so it was lots of fun. When we got in the car to come home the temp. said 113 degrees. I said, "are we crazy out shopping in this heat?" Mindi answered with, "I wasn't going to stay in my house one more day." I love being a shut in, ha, ha, but occasionally it's fun to roam the mall. Tomorrow is Dally's fourth birthday so we got some fun stuff for him. Mindi is tired of wearing maternity clothes so we tried to find some new clothes for her. Since this is her last baby she's giving all her maternity clothes away. Dillards is having an extra 40% off all their clearance prices, and Macy's is having a sale that if you donate $5 to the March of Dimes you get 25% off your purchases. As we were standing in line at Macy's trying to decide if we wanted to donate I decided that because I have sixteen healthy grand kids $5 is nothing to contribute to this charity. Spencer and Annie gave me a gift card for Christmas for all the stores in the mall, so I'm still chipping away at that. It makes it so much more fun to shop when it doesn't cost me anything. I have so much to do before I host my niece Alyssa's bridal shower two weeks from tomorrow. I don't know why I volunteer because it makes me crazy trying to get everything done. It seems like everywhere I look there is a project that needs to be finished. I think when the shower is over I'm going to take a trip. I don't care where I go, but I'm going somewhere far far away. Hopefully where it's cooler than 113 degrees. Now I'm going to go take some pain killers and pack myself in ice, I know I will be paying for this shopping trip later today.

No comments: