Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"It Just Isn't That Bad"


This morning I woke up at 4:00 a.m. with a bad headache. Rich was getting his workout clothes on and heading to the gym. I took some pain relief pills, grabbed an ice pack and went back to bed. I need more than five hours of sleep to be productive. I had the whole bed to myself so I turned on the t.v. to see what uplifting news they were reporting. When the weather report came on they said it was already 92 degrees. Can that be right, at four in the morning? I was so sad I turned it off and went back to sleep. When I got up I decided to get out early and feed the animals for my own health. The dogs were already panting at the door so I turned the cooler on for them and when I got in the kitchen Rich was leaving for work. I had sweat pouring down my face, in my eyes and as I was bearing my testimony to him about how hot is was and I want to move SOMEWHERE else he said, "it just isn't that bad." Are you kidding me right now? So I've spent the rest of the day inside doing laundry, ironing ten of Rich's work shirts and decided to get started on a quilt for Trace. A few months ago when Mindi and Dave were getting ready for their baby we had to move Tristyn down to my house and rework the sleeping areas for the three boys. When we were looking at bedspreads for their beds at $50-$100 we decided to buy the sheets and just make comforters. That was three months ago. So on Monday I got the old quilting frames out and went to work. Hopefully we can get them done soon. Maybe we should have just spent the money and bought ones that were already made, but it's so hot and I'm surely not going outside anytime soon, so I'll just keep plugging away here in my house while Rich is out working in the, "it just isn't that bad," heat.

No comments: