Monday, August 8, 2011

Three Birthdays, Forgive and Forget?

We spent almost all last week celebrating birthdays. We went to McDonalds with Major on Thurs. he's six, Tristyn to Red Robin on Friday, she turned thirteen and out to Candi's for swimming and a cook out on Sat. for Jenn who turned big 30. I took some really fun pictures of all the parties and when I went to put them in the computer I had forgotten to put the card back in the camera after my last pictures. I guess that's okay because Rich was giving me "crap" about all the picture taking I was doing, so there you go, No pictures. When we get together it gets quite loud and we sometimes get out of control. Some of my children love to antagonize me and Rich isn't usually there to come to my rescue. It is usually just in "fun" but I'm pretty sensitive about a lot of stuff, my critters, my jelly rolls, and my parenting skills or lack of. One time when we got together it was Kamber's first birthday. I remember how cute she looked with this huge bow in her hair. After we had eaten pizza, had cake and ice cream we were opening presents. I remember that Ethan was getting agitated because she was only one and couldn't really open her presents, she was tired and grouchy. He decided to just let all the other kids tear into the wrappings to hurry things along. Then the discussion turned to my animals and how I have a petting zoo in my back yard and I'm an animal hoarder. By the time everyone put in their "two cents" I was so hurt I started to cry. I just remember picking up my purse and going out to the car wanting to never come back. It took me a long time to forgive and put that experience behind me. On Sat. we were discussing this unfortunate event, four years ago. Some of my kids have forgotten it even happened, but I will forever remember how bad it made me feel. Why do I have such a hard time forgiving and forgetting? I blame it on being a Greer, it's been passed down in the DNA from my ancestors. Can I use that as an excuse? I know Rich has his favorite saying about me, "there isn't any forgiveness in this world or the world to come." Am I really that bad? I guess so. Anyway, I hope as I age and hopefully become a mature woman, I will mellow out and be able to laugh at myself a little more. I am pretty funny.

No comments: