Wednesday, August 10, 2011

An Answer to a Simple Prayer



Yesterday was a busy day with us doing last minute shopping at Kohl's and then the grocery store. I knew I was in trouble when it hurt to walk last night. As I was going to bed Candi called to tell me they were taking Dally Dog, who's four, to the hospital to get stitches after he hit his forehead on the edge of their pool. During the night I tossed and turned trying to get comfortable but I was in pain. I cancelled my appointment to get another cortisone shot because my pain has subsided a little bit, but I guess the shopping is just too hard on this old hip. This morning my friend came to swim and the water was really warm and felt good. As we were visiting I noticed that our two little Shih Tzu dogs weren't outside with the rest of the pack. I tried to call Mindi inside the house to tell her to let them out in back. I'm sure she was crazy busy trying to get the kids off to school, the first day of school is always way stressful. Anyway, to make a long story short after swimming I came to Mindi's to ask where the dogs were. She hadn't seen them since 4:00 a.m. this morning when she let them out back. I have noticed lately that sometimes they crawl under the gate and go outside to the front and head down the road, but we have always been able to call them back. Neither one of them have a collar, but Bella has a microchip, which doesn't really help unless you take them to a vet. Rich, his secretary Amber and Mindi all went out driving around the neighborhood looking for these two little brats, they didn't have any luck. I said a little prayer and decided I would go ahead with my scripture reading. I then picked up a book Candi gave me called "Embraced By The Light", by Beatty J. Eadie. It is about this girl who goes in for surgery and has a near death experience. I'm almost finished with it but the chapter I turned to was titled "Prayer." No kidding, as I was almost finished with that chapter my door bell rang. I went to the door and a darling young man was standing there with my puppy Alice, Bella was in his truck. I was so excited, told him he was an answer to my prayers and asked where he had found them. He told me they were at the Chevron Station on Guadalupe and Higley about a mile from our house. What a tender mercy to have these little wanderers back. In my prayers I was asking that someone would find them and if they couldn't find us, to give them a good home. I asked the young man how he knew to come to my house. All he said was that his Mom thought she had seen them on our street. I have been pondering this experience all day. Sometimes I don't feel like Heavenly Father listens to my prayers, if he did then why do I have to go through the trials I have? I do know that today a simple prayer was answered and I'm thankful for that.

No comments: