Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Things Will Work Out"

I was complaining to my Mom the other day about all that is wrong in my life. I know that doesn't sound like me the "eternal optimist," but anyway I was. I was telling her about all my stories of "woe", how the economy sucks, my hip still hurts, we never have enough money to pay bills and fix my flooded bedroom. I was even complaining about the da%* gopher who keeps digging next to my pond and making it a muddy mess. She listened to me vent and cuss and then said, "Teri, keep doing all you can do to stay close to the Lord and things will work out." I hate it when she says that. I know she's right but I still hate hearing it. Then she went on to tell me about how it was during the "great depression" and how the pioneers had it so rough when they were all coming across the plains. She had a rough childhood because her father was ill and they traveled from family to family for help while my grandmother tried to find work to support them. She then told me to look at all the blessings I have. Me being the brat I am I said, "what blessings?" I have really felt bad about saying that. It was just one of those moods I was in where I couldn't find anything good at that time. She reminded me of my "darling children and grandchildren," and how Spencer had not only made the team again but he didn't get injured. Yeah, that's really a big blessing! Anyway, after we talked for a few minutes I realized how ungrateful I was. I still have a home to keep in from the heat. Rich still does have some work.
We haven't lost everything like some families have. We aren't going through a major illness or tragedy like the summer of 2008. I'm still trying to work on the positive thinking project, now that will be a miracle if that ever happens. Anyway, I am thankful for all those things she pointed out to me and I will try to be more obediant and close to the Lord, then I will see the blessings showered from heaven on me and "things will work out."

No comments: