Tuesday, September 15, 2009

KARMA


Mindi wrote in a blog last week that I have often wondered why I would graduate from college to be a school teacher when I don't really like kids. That isn't really what I meant. I love kids. I especially love my own children and grandchildren. I just think I'm a little burned out. I was married only 10 months when I had my first child. I absolutely loved my little precious baby but with her came the "up all night syndrome." She would take a big nap between 5:00 & 10:00 p.m. and then when Rich went to bed I would be up "Wrestling Alligators" all night. As we added three more children to our family it became obvious that I was "way over my head" with four very active and LOUD children. I will say that they are my best friends and my life would not be the same without them, but I soon learned that I am not the most patient and tolerant person around. I was just reminded of this when Mindi left me with Troy while she went to the orthodontist and Hobby Lobby. Troy is a "darling" as my Mother would say, but talk about demanding and stubborn, not to mention the constant whining. He wins the award for that. He came bringing me a bag of animal graham crackers that hadn't been opened yet. I tried to get him to have some lunch, but that went over like a lead balloon. Then he wanted some "nunyuk" when translated means chocolate milk. I got a sippy cup out of the cabinet and made him a nice big cup of it and handed it to him and he started yelling at me again because he didn't like the cup I put his milk in. By then I was almost in tears and hoping Mindi would get home soon. She came in and made him some chicken nuggets and he didn't quite appreciate that they were hot and wanted her to blow on them for him. All I heard her say is, "You are such a brat." See it's not just me, maybe she is "in over her head too." Anyway, all I can say to my children is I'm a true believer in karma. What you throw out there seems to come right back at you.

No comments: