Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm Up and Taking Nouishment

One of my favorite people in my life has been my Aunt Tenna. She is my Mother's only sister who passed away in the year 2000 from a botched heart surgery. When asked how she was doing she would reply "well I'm up and taking nourishment." I guess that meant she was okay. Well, yesterday Candi came and did our hair and before she left Troy threw-up. Then I started feeling sick and Candi called me and said she was feeling nauseous. Well, I ended up spending the rest of the day in bed sick. I haven't been that sick since I did my colon cleanse for my colonoscopy. I was still up at 1:00 a.m. trying to find a way to calm my stomach. Every time I would eat or drink something it would pass right through me. I feel better this morning but am really weak. After lying in bed all day I decided if I ever get bedridden I want to pass on to the next life. I've been reading a book called, "21 Days Closer to CHRIST." It just gives a little story from the scriptures and then gives a little discussion on becoming closer to Christ. Yesterday I read about the woman in the scriptures who was plagued by an illness for more than twelve years. She knew that if she could just get close enough to the Savior to touch his robe she would be healed. She had that much faith. Then she gives a quote from Joseph Smith, "Whatever God requires is right, no matter what it is, although we may not see the reason thereof till long after the events transpire." I wish I had the faith to know that all these experiences will make me a better person, more like the Savior. I am thankful today to be up and out of bed and taking nourishment, being sick makes me appreciate the days I feel good. Hopefully I will be back to normal soon.

2 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

YUck !!I hate being sick. I hope you feel better.

Judy (mom) said...

Hi Teri....it's Judy. I am still reading your blog and I always enjoy your words, advice, stories, and all you write about. It was fun to see you the other day at the funeral. So glad we are friends!