Monday, September 21, 2009

E.S.P.

My Mother-In-Law used to tell me that she had ESP. I would just roll my eyes and think, "yeh, sure you do." Anyway, I think I have picked it up from her because lately I think I have E.S.P. too. The last few weeks I have had this feeling that I'm going to get stung by a scorpion. I have been so careful to watch where I'm walking and when I lift something off the ground I make sure to shake it out in case one of those nasty little creatures is lurking around. Anyway, last night I was getting dressed to go to an open house of a missionary in our ward, I pulled my jeans off the chair and put them on. As I got them half way up I felt a pain in the side of my leg. It was intense and felt like a hundred little needles were poking and then it went tingly and numb. I pulled my pants off and yelled at Rich that I had been stung by a scorpion. He came running in and turned my pants inside out and shook them but found nothing. Now I'm thinking that maybe I'm hallucinating, but I've been stung before and you never forget what it feels like. We went on to the open house but by then my leg was throbbing and so painful I could hardly walk. We came home and I put everything on it I could think of. I tried ice, benedryl, lavender oil, I even mixed baking soda and water into a paste. Nothing was helping so I just took a bunch of Tylenol and Motrin and tried to get some sleep. I barely got a few hours rest and it wasn't until this afternoon that the numbness and pain have subsided. I hate scorpions, we have had them in every house we have lived in here in Arizona. I used to feel sorry for them when I found them in my house I would take them out to the end of our street and let them go, but no more. From now on I will smash them and flush them down the toilet. I need to work more on my E.S.P. so next time I will know where they are hiding.

6 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

That stink that you got stung. I hope that you feel better. I have never had this happen to me I hope it never does.

Debbie said...

Concentrate on lottery numbers!!

Dena said...

We have been infested with them this year. Aly has been stung 10 times!! I need your ESP!

Fenwick Family said...

I am so sorry you got stung. I am scared of anything that can sting or bite me. But, I had to laugh, I had forgotten grandma used to say that! Thanks for the chuckle!

Melissa said...

OUCH! Teri sorry you got stung... I can honestly say it is one of the worst stings a person can get. They just keep throbbing and tingling. Yuck! Big HUGS!

Lis said...

I am too had forgotten about Grandma and her ESP. I am sorry you got stung. I hope you are OK.