Thursday, September 3, 2009

Call Me Crazy

This is at Cardinals stadium last year when they played here, so I did get to go to one game.

Okay, I just realized that I am crazy. I have known for a long time that I'm "one french fry short" of a Happy Meal, "both oars aren't in the water" and all the other things we say when we think someone "isn't all there." This morning at 5:00 a.m. my doorbell rang. Then the dogs started barking. I was really tired and had been up a few times in the night, so at that time I was in a deep sleep and dreaming. I don't know where I was or what I was doing in my dream, I just know I was in a good place. Everyone knows that my son Spencer plays for the Denver Broncos in the NFL. They have a game tonight against the wonderful Arizona Cardinals in Denver. So, Rich, Dave and Trace just left to go to the airport for the game. This is why the doorbell rang at 5:00 a.m. because Rich has to get his workers lined out before he leaves. Now, because I am afraid to fly and we can't afford to take the time and money to drive 15 hours to Denver, I get to stay home and watch the game on t.v. The doctors have suggested and offered to drug me so when I get on the plane I won't "freak out", but I have always worried that maybe I would wet my pants or do something else that would embarrass me or my family so, I just stay home and resent everyone else who goes to the game. I told you I'm crazy! We have a joke in our family that when Rich goes on a trip it is not a vacation it is an "Amazing Race." The thought of getting on an airplane at 7:00 a.m. flying to Denver, running around all day, going to the game, sleeping a few hours tonight and then back to the airport tomorrow and flying home just isn't that appealing to me. Maybe 35 years ago when I wasn't so sleep deprived and didn't have a care in the world. My goal is to someday be able to make it to a game and watch my son in person play in a football game, maybe my dreams will come true someday. But for now I will just stay home and resent everyone who made the trip to Denver this morning. Now, if I can just find that guy who rang my doorbell at 5:00 a.m. I told you I was crazy.

2 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

just take the drugs so that you can go see spence play. He would love it and so would you.

Lis said...

I would smack the guy who rang the doorbell at 5am. I would also love for you to be able to see Spencer play. love ya!