Tuesday, June 2, 2009

SUNSPLASH!


Okay, can I just tell you that as a 56 year-old overweight grandma, I have no business being at a water park. Anyway, that is exactly where I ended up yesterday on Candi's 30th birthday. I didn't really want to go, but it was either go with Rich to get a colonoscopy or go to Sunsplash. Wow, what a choice, let me see, oh well, I'll try the water park. We got there around 1:00 p.m. and after we lathered the kids up with sunscreen we headed over to the wave pool. We waited there for about 20 minutes and no waves came and Troy was throwing a fit because he didn't want to wear a life jacket so we went to the Tadpole area for the little kids. Then we went over to the other side where the bigger slides are and I tried to find some shade. I used to be a sun worshipper but now I would rather be in a dark cave than in the sunlight. My skin just can't take the sun anymore. As I was watching all the kids go down the slides I thought of Kamber and turned to Candi and started to cry telling her that it wasn't fair that Kamber wasn't with us. That is when I think I rubbed sunscreen in my left eye and from then until we left the park at 6:00 p.m. my eye watered and stung. We did have a fun time. B.J. was so accommodating and got us food and drinks. After they went down the big slides for about an hour we went back over to where our stuff was and waited for the big kids to go the last time around the lazy river and the lilly pads. Mindi and Candi and Jenn and I sat and watched people. I am amazed at what I saw. There were every shape, size and color of people. I have never seen so many tattoos, boobs hanging out, not to mention jelly rolls, (I kept mine covered.) I also saw at least three pregnant girls in bikinis, (I think those big bellies should be covered up also.) I even saw a guy that was hairier than I have ever seen with a ring in each nipple. I am not kidding! I couldn't sleep last night because I was still trying to process the day. Rich always says that I live in a lead mine, and I think after yesterday that is true. I have been sheltered and I've tried to shelter my kids and grand kids, but we had a dose of reality at Sunsplash. As we left I told Candi this would be the last time in my life I would ever go and she said, "Don't worry we won't invite you next time." I don't blame her, but I guess it was better than a colonoscopy.


3 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

Sounds like it was quiet a day.. Crazy what people wear out there in the world.. You are a good sport for going with the kids and grandkids to sunsplash.

Debbie said...

Ha---now that is funny! Sorry you got lotion in your eye. Maybe having blurry vision was a good thing after all.

Debbie said...

P.S. When I go to place this that and look at all the crazy people walking around with all their uglies hanging out in public, I think that I am WAY too self-conscience. I should just let it all hang out and don't give a hang what other people think. Cottage cheese, fat arms, wrinkles, and all. I am just not going to worry about it anymore---my new motto.