Sunday, June 28, 2009

Life Changes


It seems like life is changing all the time, most of them are small and hardly noticed but some are huge and affect your whole perspective. Last week Rich was released as the 1st counselor in the Bishopric. It has been weird to have him home on Wednesday and now on Sunday to have him in the kitchen eating breakfast is so strange. He's probably hoping they hurry and give him a calling so he doesn't have me asking him to "fix this, and fix that" all the time.
We had a really nice day yesterday, it was busy, but fun. We attended our granddaughter Tayler's baptism at 2:00 p.m. and then over to Ethan and Jenn's for a luncheon. It was so good to get together with all our kids. With Spencer and Annie living in Denver we have lots of parties without part of our family there, so it was fun to have them all there. It gets really LOUD when we get in the same house and I noticed some of Ethan's friends plugging up their ears when Ethan, Candi, Mindi and Rich and I started going at it. We definitely have our opinions and like to share them with each other.

After the party for Tayler we came home and rested for an hour and then went over to the Choules home for a "release celebration". We had a nice dinner with the ex-bishopric and the ward clerk and executive secretary and their wives. After dinner they had a little conversation about the 5 + years together. There is a special bond between men when they work together in the Priesthood or other organizations in the church. They didn't always agree on everything but it is amazing to see how the different personalities and strengths work together. Five years is a long time to serve but the blessings we received during those years made it worth it.

One thing I have noticed lately is that "life goes on." I remember right after Kamber passed away I would look around at other people and think, "they don't know how bad I feel. They don't know that my heart is aching." Now it's been almost a year and even though I can remember it like it was yesterday, it just seems like a bad dream, like it didn't really happen. I guess because I know she lives, I know she is watching over her sisters and I could feel her spirit there yesterday as Tayler was baptized. I can't wait to see her again and hug her and tell her how much I missed her.




1 comment:

Debbie said...

Love the family picture! Your mom is so cute. Where's Menlo? We haven't had a grandchild baptized yet, but are looking forward to it. I feel the special spirit of it through your words. Enjoy having Rich back.